- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required;
- If Boardyn.com is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), Boardyn.com will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Boardyn.com is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Boardyn.com CollectsWe may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you create a Boardyn.com account, and add content on our online whiteboard
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Boardyn.com , or to request technical support
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists
- when you purchase services or merchandise from us
What Boardyn.com Does with your Personal InformationWe use the personal information you provide to us as part of your selection of one of our licenses/tools to provide you access to a paid or free version of the Boardyn.com whiteboard. We may use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from Boardyn.com in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Boardyn.com support, news and advertising.
Registered Users.When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Services (any such person, a “Registered User”), you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile.
We encourage you to use an alias or nickname if you are not comfortable providing your legal name. However, if you use a Service which requires a fee, you have to provide your legal name. The name or nickname you provide in connection with your account may be used to attribute you in connection with any content you submit to any Service. We also use that personal information to establish and maintain your account, to provide you with the features we provide Registered Users, and to email you regarding changes to this policy or other applicable policies. If you sign up to receive updates from Boardyn.com when you create your account, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Boardyn.com support, news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal InformationIn general, it is not Boardyn.com's practice to disclose personal information to third parties. Boardyn.com may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services.
If Boardyn.com is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Boardyn.com will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Boardyn.com is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the ServicesBoardyn.com has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Boardyn.com stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs. Also, part of, or all of our data could be stored on the "cloud", on machines mainained by third party providers. In that case, we rely on the data security provided by the cloud services company. Among other things, our site could be vulnerable to DNS attacks.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage InformationOur Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services, including when you log into a website using your Boardyn.com account information. When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
No LinkingWe do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our Boardyn.com server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. Boardyn.com may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No RetentionBoardyn.com could keep or discard non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”. Also, we could discard non personal browsing information in case we need to perform maintenence on our servers, or to free data space.
NoticeIf Boardyn.com is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information, then Boardyn.com will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Boardyn.com is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.